Custom Windmills

Gronewold Windmill

 


Section 31 of Northeast Township
Golden, IL 62339

 

Status

Destroyed by owner

 

Sail Span

20'

 

Uses

(1865 - ?) Feed

 

Constructed

(? - 1865)

 

Millwright

William W. Gronewold

 

Owners

William B. Schoon (1865 - ?)

L. U. Albers (1865 - ?)





History


Only known history:   “In 1865, William B. Schoon and L. U. Albers had a little flour mill built, with a wing span of 20 feet, on a few acres of ground they had bought from Jurgen Garrel, in the north edge of town and west of the Wabash R.R.  This windmill was constructed by William W. Gronewold.  It was used exclusively for grinding feed for stock.  It has since been torn down.” 

 


 

Source

 

-Wienke, Anna.  When the Wind Blows… Golden: Taylor Publishing Company, 1998.



back to top   Back to Top
Creative Commons License  Copyright 2005 - 2012